Reina was very blessed this Christmas and we felt the love even though we are far from many. She was a very happy baby.
After
Before
I thought it would be a lonely Christmas for us but we ended up having a nice few days. The 23rd we went to one of Rich's friend's parties. Reina was interested in all the other young children there and of course the cookies. Rich worked Christmas Eve, so we went to church with Rich's parents and afterwards went to their friend/ fellow church member's home for a party. Reina enjoyed trying to pet/avoid their dogs. She was very lively and entertaining thanks to all the goodies. Everyone at church thinks Reina is great and are always thanking me for bringing her.
At church decorating a tree on a previous Sunday
These are from the party:
Reina entertaining
Reina and her church friend Caleigh
Dancing blur
Calling Hawk, the dog
Reina with Santa, I mean Grandpa
When we got home, I put Reina to sleep which took awhile since she still had sugar coursing through her but I had lots to do to prepare for the next day so it was a long night for me.
Video of Reina upon waking Christmas Morn
We waited for Rich to wake up and his parents to arrive before we opened presents. I also Skyped with my mom, sister and brother so they could see her open her presents from them. I spent most of the morning making our Christmas meal with the help of Rich's mom. It was my first time making a roast and I was pretty proud of how the whole meal came out. Everything was from scratch, I even made the cranberry juice.
Rich was able to enjoy the meal before he had to go to work. We hung out with Rich's mom the rest of the day, which kept me from being too sad.
The last few days I kept in good spirits and have been very productive. I may actually have the house clean enough to show pictures of it soon. We received a washer and dryer and also the refrigerator in the last week or so. I have never been so happy to do laundry. Next week we get a new stove, so I am looking forward to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment